Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I John 1 - from the mouth of babes

So many years ago as a teenager I helped run a "Five Day Club" at North Avenue Alliance Church. I will never forget the lisping, gap-toothed, tow-headed little girl who earned a gold star or a cookie or something by proudly repeating from memory, with a big smile, 1 John 1:9:

"If we confesth our thins, he isth faithful and justh to forgive usth our thins, and to cwenth usth fwum all unwighthusnesth."

Which is how I remember that verse, even today! That girl is probably in her mid-40's by now, maybe a young grandmother, or a mom dealing with a teenager. Whoever you were, and wherever you are, thanks for helping me memorize forever one of the great verses about our Father's faithfulness and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment